MLS RULE CHANGE as of September 5, 2017
Listing Status Rule Change
The MLS Board of Directors have met and having received feedback from many of the Brokers and Members they have decided to include the pending status fields to the IDX RETS Feed. If a property listing is ACTIVE or PENDING the property info will be sent to the public sites.
All listings will still have exposure.
The Board has also decided to remove the MLS rule regarding keeping a listing Active with a Y contingency of pending. Starting Tuesday, September 5 the contingency options will no longer be available. When a contract has been accepted by Seller & Buyer, the status shall show as pending.
You will have (3) pending status options. Pending (with no contingencies), Pending Contingent and Pending Continue to Show. Follow the step-by-step directions below for changing a MLS listing status to Pending:
When a listing goes under contract
- Click on CHANGE LISTING
- Enter MLS #
- Under the “Status and Price Change” menu
- Click on PEND LISTING (UNDER CONTRACT)
- Fill in the Pending information
- If your listing is pending with no contingencies – then choose N from the contingent drop down menu. Click Next.
- If your listing has a contingency (finance, inspection, 72 hour kick out clause…ect) then choose PENDING CONTINGENT from the drop down menu. You can type in contingency remarks the contingency info. Click Next.
- If the Seller & Buyer have agreed to continue to show the listing then choose PENDING CONTINUE TO SHOW from the drop down menu. You can type in contingency remarks any contingency info.
- Click next
Any status that is PENDING (pending, pending contingent, pending continue to show) will not expire automatically in Flex.